- Practice!! – You are not going to improve if you arent practicing
- Educate yourself – Learning the history of design is important & it helps you understand why things are a certain way.
- Talk to your design friend – they might be able to give you beneficial tips
- Take art classes – taking classes will allow you to improve
- consistently be learning about new applications – applications are a large part of graphic design
Being a freelance designer is not all fun and games. Its real work! You have long hours, difficult clients, and the risk of failing. Should that stop you? Absolutely not! Everyone has the risk of failure but that should not detour you from creating beautiful pieces for the world to see. If you want to be your own boss here are a few steps to make it happen.
- Do not give up. – People think that they will be successful right from the beginning. If you want to be good at something it is going to take time! You cant expect yourself to be a perfect freelance artist when you are first starting out, its unrealistic.
- Work hard. – You have to put in the time and effort if you want to actually make something of yourself. You are going to get shot down and belittled. Don’t give up!!!!
- Practice, Practice, Practice! – There is nothing worse than overestimating your abilities.
There are many more things that you can do to help ensure your success as a freelance designer. Keep checking back to see more tips!